What are some simple things you can do today to get on track to living the life you want? Below, I share 10 simple steps you can take. But remember, the simple life isn’t always easy to accomplish. This is a great place to start.
1. Simple wealth
- Spend less than you earn and invest the difference wisely.
- Save money painlessly by automating it.
- Go on a money diet.
- Use the Law of Attraction to build wealth.
2. Simple steps to weight loss
- Burn more calories than you consume.
- Try walking at least 15,000 steps a day.
- Drink more water and reduce or cut out other beverages (yes, even diet sodas).
3. Simple steps to clear clutter
- Keep only that which you use and love that comfortably fits in the allocated space.
- Clear clutter using the Joy Filter.
- Declutter with the mindset of a minimalist.
4. Simple retirement at any age
- Replace your salary with passive income streams (i.e., rental income, royalty, licenses, hobby or lifestyle business income, investment income).
- Take control of your retirement date by saving more money now.
5. Simple relationships
- Get your emotional needs satisfied.
- Put in place bigger boundaries than you think you need.
6. Simple career
- Do work that aligns with your core values, natural abilities and talents.
- Understand where career dissatisfaction comes from and how you can overcome it. Read about it here.
7. Simple health
- Eat 7-9 fruits and vegetables a day.
- Learn ways to simply incorporate more fruits and vegetable here.
8. Simple parenting
- Set firm and clear boundaries with immediate consequences.
- Release the burden of housework and get the whole family involved in chores with the Fair Play Game. Start early so your kids are used to it and expand the chores as they get older.
9. Simple tidiness
10. Simple steps to happiness
Talane discusses these steps in more detail here.