Making a career change and finding a new career path is much easier when we understand who we are and what we are good at. Each of us is born with unique talent(s). These talents make us remarkable at something. Therefore, the secret is identifying those talents and then working where you can use them.
So, what are the signs you need a career change?
Sometimes our professions or jobs cause problems that affect not only our satisfaction at work, but also the quality of our personal lives. If you are experiencing too much stress at work or feel job burnout, then it is definitely time to consider a career change.
To find the solution for a work-related problem, you need to identify the symptoms and the cause.
Here are only some of the possible signs that it is time for a career change:
- Overwork: working late or on weekends, taking work home, postponing vacations
- Rumors or reports of impending layoffs or reassignments
- Recognition that you’re in the wrong career
- Conflict with your boss or co-workers
- Continuing lack of interest in your work
- Reluctance to face the new workday (hitting the snooze alarm repeatedly!)
8 Essential Factors to Consider in a Career Change
If these six warning signs become severe enough, then you’re probably at a turning point in your life. So, you may need to consider a career change. Some professions–law, surgery, journalism, industrial management–are especially subject to job stress. As a result, these kinds of jobs frequently prompt the desire for a completely new career.
However, a career change should not be made lightly, impulsively or without careful consideration. Specifically, there are eight separate factors that are essential to finding your ideal career. These include your:
- Hard-wired or natural abilities
- Learned skills (language skills, computer skills, etc.)
- Personal and behavioral style (how you relate to others and how others perceive you)
- Interests and hobbies
- Values and passions
- Goals (financial and other goals)
- Family background (and family situation)
- Stage in your career development cycle (just beginning, mid-career, retiring)
We have a process which will help you integrate all these factors into one strong and positive vision for your new career.
The Career Change Coaching Kit™ has two comprehensive online computerized career tests. These tests will help you identify your inherent abilities and tell you:
- just how introverted or extroverted you are,
- how far you think into the future,
- how your brain is hard-wired to see the world,
- whether you have the three elements of musical ability,
- whether you have design ability or language ability, and
- lots of other valuable information.
With the added option to have a 60-minute Private Coaching Call with one of our Top Accredited Life Coaches, we can help you through a career transition that will bring deep fulfillment and satisfaction.
If you are in a career transition or about to embark on an expensive educational program (such as a University or advanced degree), then The Career Change Coaching Kit™ is worth the investment of time and money. Our kit can easily save you years and thousands of dollars wasted on the wrong education or training.
To learn more about the Career Change Coaching Kit™ click here; or to learn more about 1:1 Private Coaching with one of our Team of Top Accredited Life Coaches and to read their biographies, click here.
To read about our client’s career change success stories click here.