6 Warning Signs You Need a Career Change
Changing careers and finding a new career path is also so much easier when we can understand who we are and what we are good at. Each of us is born with the talents to be remarkable at something…the secret is identifying those talents, then working where you can use them.
Signs you need a career change…
Sometimes our professions or jobs cause problems that affect not only our satisfaction at work, but the quality of our personal lives. If you are experiencing too much stress at work or feeling job burnout, it is definitely time to consider a career change.
To find the solution for a work-related problem, you need to identify the symptoms and the cause. Here are only some of the possible signs that it is time for a career change:
- Overwork: working late or on weekends, taking work home, postponing vacations
- Rumours or reports of impending layoffs or reassignments
- Recognition that you’re in the wrong career
- Conflict with your boss or co-workers
- Continuing lack of interest in your work
- Reluctance to face the new workday (hitting the snooze alarm repeatedly!)
8 Essential Factors to Consider in a Career Change
If these six warning signs become severe enough, you have probably reached a turning point in your life and may need to consider a career change. Some professions–law, surgery, journalism, industrial management–are especially subject to job stress and prompt the desire for a completely new career.
A career change should not be made lightly, impulsively or without careful consideration of eight separate factors that are essential to finding your ideal career:
- Your hard-wired or natural abilities
- Your learned skills (language skills, computer skills, etc.)
- Your personal and behavioural style (how you relate to others and how you are perceived by others)
- Your interests and hobbies
- Your values and passions
- Your goals (financial and other goals)
- Your family background (and family situation)
- Where you are in your career development cycle (just beginning, mid-career, retiring)
We have perfected a process which will help you integrate all these factors into one strong and positive Vision for your new career: The Career Change Coaching Kit™
The Career Change Coaching Kit™ has two comprehensive online computerized career tests which will help you identify your inherent abilities and tell you:
- just how introverted or extroverted you are,
- how far you think into the future,
- how your brain is hard-wired to see the world,
- whether you have the three elements of musical ability,
- whether you have design ability or language ability, and
- lots of other valuable information.
With the added option to have a 60-minute Private Coaching Call with one of our Top Accredited Life Coaches, we can help you through a career transition that will bring deep fulfilment and satisfaction.
For anyone who is in a career transition or about to embark on an expensive educational program (such as a University degree or advanced degree) The Career Change Coaching Kit™ is well worth the financial investment and time, as it could easily save you years of time and thousands wasted on the wrong education or training.
To learn more about the Career Change Coaching Kit™ click here, or to learn more about 1:1 Private coaching with one of our Team of Top Accredited Life Coaches and to read their biographies click here.
To read about our client’s success stories click here.